A quick voyage through time
THE EPHRAIM GUIMOND HOUSE
Ephraim Guimond, who for several years during the 1870’s was innkeeper at Symmes’ Hotel,had this log house constructed around 1870.
After 1878, and until the early part of this century, Mr.Guimond ran a small tavern in this house which once was entered buy an unusually wide double front door,topped with a fan light.In the cellar are the remains of the old stone furnace which,at one time,heated the building.
The house changed hands several times until it was purchased in 1970 by Mr. and Mrs. R. Van Alstyne.